Graduate Student Salary Support
The AKC Canine Health Foundation allows salary support for graduate students on a sliding scale based on a standard schedule of progressive time in the laboratory.
|Year||Percentage of allowable salary in budget|
Items Ineligible for Funding:
Contact the Foundation at email@example.com with questions concerning the list of ineligible research expenses.
- Projects involving dog research colonies or any non-client owned dogs (i.e. participating dogs must have owner consent)
- Projects involving disease induction or injury models in dogs
- Projects involving euthanasia of dogs
- Transportation of live or dead dogs
- All studies involving animals must abide by CHF's Humane Use of Animals Policy.
Salary and Personnel Expenses:
- Salary of full time university faculty or professional, salaried staff (non-profit or for-profit)
- Tuition or registration fees for classes, training, or conferences
- Graduate student expenses associated with course work and teaching responsibilities
- Travel expenses for any purpose, except those directly related to research project objectives (example: sample procurement)
- Laboratory equipment or non-disposable parts
- Repair of laboratory equipment or non-disposable parts
- Computer equipment and/or software
- Development of custom-designed computer software
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Help Future Generations of Dogs
Participate in canine health research by providing samples or by enrolling in a clinical trial. Samples are needed from healthy dogs and dogs affected by specific diseases.